Welcome to Fast Track to Health.
Welcome to the Fast Track to Health Study (known as Fast Track). This is a research study for young people who are well above a healthy weight.
We are looking for young people to take part in this study in both Sydney and Melbourne.
What is fast track about?
- We will compare the effect of two different eating plans on health and well being in young people.
- People who take part in Fast Track will follow one of the two eating plans below:
- Modified Alternate Day Fasting plan
- Reduced Calorie plan
- We will measure weight loss and risk factors for heart disease and diabetes.
- We will see how acceptable these plans are to young people.
- The study runs for 12 months and participation is FREE of charge.
Who can participate in fast track?
Young people aged 13-17 years who are a well above a healthy weight can take part in Fast Track.
Who is running the study?
- In Sydney, Fast Track will be run at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead.
- In Melbourne, Fast Track will be run at the Be Active Sleep Eat (BASE) facility at Monash University and Monash Children’s Hospital
- To see who is part of the Fast Track team click here
For more information about Fast Track, contact us on 0438 458 405 (Sydney) or 0448125777 (Melbourne) or by clicking on the link below.